The development of a nation depends on the coming generation and this generation should be developed by our teachers. So the upcoming national education policy is also to update our teachers. This new national education policy has decided on some programs for teacher’s development in 4 stages.
1. Teacher Education Program / Improving Teacher Education
|(4 Years) B.ed||(2 Years) B.ed|
(1 Year) B.ed
Minimum degree qualification, for teaching which includes teaching students in local school till 2030 for B.ed course.
Other specialized subjects.
Applicable with an existing bachelor’s degree in other specialized subjects.
|whose term of 4 years has been completed.|
The teacher education must be conducted within composite multidisciplinary institutions having, apart from education, departments of psychology, philosophy, sociology, neuroscience, Indian languages, arts, history, and literature, as well as various other specialized subjects such as science and mathematics, etc. All stand-alone TEIs will be required to convert to multidisciplinary institutions by 2025 and offer the 4-year integrated teacher preparation program. All large multidisciplinary universities – including all public universities as well as all Model Multidisciplinary Colleges shall establish, develop, and house outstanding education departments that, aside from carrying out cutting-edge research in various aspects of education will also run B.Ed. programs to educate future teachers.
The 4-year integrated B.Ed. offered by such multidisciplinary HEIs will, by 2030, become the minimal degree qualification for school teachers. The 4-year integrated B.Ed. will be a dual-major holistic Bachelor’s degree, in Education as well as a specialized subject (such as a language, history, music, mathematics, computer science, chemistry, economics, etc). Beyond the teaching of cutting-edge pedagogy, the teacher education will include grounding in sociology, history, science, psychology, early childhood education, foundational literacy and numeracy, knowledge of India and its values/ethos/art/traditions, and more. Each HEI offers the 4-year integrated B.Ed. may also design a 2-year B.Ed. on its campus, for outstanding students who have already received a Bachelor’s degree in a specialized subject and wish to pursue teaching. Scholarships for meritorious students will be established for the purpose of attracting outstanding candidates to both the 4-year and 2-year B.Ed. programs.
Furthermore, special shorter local teacher education programs will also be available at BITEs, DIETs, and school complexes. These courses will promote local professions, knowledge, and skills, such as local art, music, agriculture, business, sports, carpentry, and other vocational crafts. This also aligns with the vision of the policy to provide holistic education.
For converting public stand-alone TEIs into multidisciplinary higher educational institutions there shall be government funding support. Such HEIs will ensure the availability of a range of experts in education and related disciplines as well as specialized subjects. Each higher education institution will have a network of government and private schools and school complexes to work within close proximity, where potential teachers will student-teach (among other synergistic activities between HEIs and school complexes, such as community service, adult and vocational education, etc).
A National Mission for Mentoring shall be funded and established, with a large pool of outstanding senior/retired faculty –particularly those with the ability to teach in Indian languages – which would be willing to provide short and long-term mentoring/professional support to university/college teachers.
2. Empowering Teacher
NEP 2020 recognizes that teachers will require training in high-quality content as well as pedagogy. By 2030, teacher education will gradually be moved into multidisciplinary colleges and universities. The minimum degree qualification for our teachers will be a 4-year integrated B.Ed. a degree that teaches a range of knowledge content and pedagogy.
Special shorter local teacher education programs will also be available at BITEs, DIETs, and school complexes. These courses will promote local professions, knowledge, and skills, such as local art, music, agriculture, business, sports, carpentry, and other vocational crafts. This also aligns with the vision of the policy to provide holistic education.
Teachers will be given more autonomy in choosing aspects of pedagogy, so that they may teach in the manner they find most effective for the students in their classrooms. Teachers will also focus on socio-emotional learning – a critical aspect of any student’s holistic development. Teachers will be recognized for novel approaches to teaching that improve learning outcomes in their classrooms.
3. Teacher Recruitment & Development
- Teacher Eligibility Tests (TETs) will be strengthened to better test material correlated to being outstanding teachers, both in terms of content and pedagogy.
- Teacher Eligibility Tests (TETs) – for all teachers across fundamental prefatory middle & secondary stages in both public & private schools.
- The TETs will also be extended to cover teachers across all stages (Foundational, Preparatory, Middle, and Secondary) of school education.
- For subject teachers, suitable TET or NTA test scores in the corresponding subjects will also be taken into account for recruitment.
- Transparent transfer system – Online computerized system for teacher transfer to ensure transparency.
- Requirement-based planning & training for teacher recruitment.
- Restructuring of NCTE to be restructured as a professional standard-setting body under the general education council.
4. Timelines for implementation for NEP 2020
- National curriculum framework for teacher’s education (2021-22)
- The major portions of NEP will be covered under the new National Curriculum Framework (NCF) and centrally sponsored schemes. The groundwork for NCF is initiated and it is likely to be developed in the next academic session which is 2021-22.
- A common guiding set of professional standards for teachers will be implemented (2022)
- Teacher education will gradually move into multidisciplinary colleges & universities with a minimum degree qualification of 4 years b.ed. This process will complete in 2030.
- The recommendations given have varied timelines as the policy is made for the next 20 years. Therefore, the implementation of NEP is being carried out in a phased manner.
- The policy is fully operational following this comprehensive review will be undertaken up to 2040
Class Management Software is a system that helps to simplify the day-to-day school, college and coaching classes management process like
fee management system, attendance, assignment, online examination, automatic exam paper genrator, library, OMR paper correction, notes, payroll, student parent app & notification, online classroom management and many more. It is cloud-based class management software with 20+ modules that assist to make faster and better decisions to increase the productivity of the school, college and coaching classes. From managing bulk data to improving the collaboration between parents and teachers, the MyClassAdmin Class Management System handles every process efficiently
To know more…
Visit Our Site:- www.myclassadmin.com
Contact Us:- email@example.com
Call Us On:- +91-9503273330
Click Button – Schedule a Free Demo